Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ball Madness

Ball Madness is an addictive ball game that uniquely combines game genres brain/puzzle and arcade/action.
Original concept: Crillion by Oliver Kirwa (C64, 1988)

It is one of my few all-time-favorite games, so I decided to make a version for Android. I hope you'll enjoy playing it! ;)

This is an AdMob supported/free game with 20 levels. There is no paid version.
Internet Access and Position Access is only required/used by AdMob, not the game itself.







Instructions:

* Destroy all the flat blocks to complete a level
* The ball destroys blocks with the same color as the ball
* Blocks with a star icon will change the ball’s color
* Blocks with a butterfly icon can be moved (same color as the ball)
* Avoid skulls

Controls:

* LEFT: Key "Q" or Tap the left side of the screen
* RIGHT: Key "W" or Tap the right side of the screen
* Restart Level (when you’re stuck): MENU/Restart Level

Compatibility:

The game should run on all Android phones from 1.6 and above.
It was tested on my T-Mobile G1/Dream (1.6 Donut) and on emulators with various screen sizes/roms. So, it should also run on the Motorola Droid/Milestone and the Google Nexus One for example. Small-screen devices are also supported.

Any feedback is welcome!

24 comments:

  1. It's impossible to get past level 3. Fun, but I am getting frustrated. I quit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each level is solvable, tested (not just by me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a lot of trouble with level 17. Any pointers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. david: Level 17 is also solvable. I can't say more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good game but some levels rely a little too much on luck, the collisions on the blocks are shifted slightly to the right, pausing quickly is difficult because pause is on the menu rather then pausing when the menu is opened, and I don't think the version number is displayed anywhere. This is however still a great game and I will continue playing for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Level 19 is pretty tricky.. I know its solvable but do you have any hints?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Level 19 is real tough for me.. any hints?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need help on level 13. Any hints please....?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're trying to solve all levels. I hope you forgive me, but it's against my original intention to tell hints. Keep thinking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go down to the bottom on level 13

    ReplyDelete
  12. Level 19 is pretty tricky.. I can't get it but I guess i'll keep trying

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is level 17 possible at all? I have played for hours, and i don't have a clue! Any small tips?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finally! All 30 levels completed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi thank you for this game, finaly some dificult puzzle game for android. I would really like configurable controls to set it to Q, P. The screen is too sensitive and i sometimes press it when i barely touch it. And cant press Q W with both thumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Level 13 is hard. Someone said to go to the bottom. How do u get under all the boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Need help on Level 13 how do I go to the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  18. All done, did get stuck on 17 for a while, once you sort the first few moves rest is easy but does take a few tries!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think this game is pretty cool. I have completed 5 levels and find the controls extremely touchy. Is their any updates for this game to change the controls

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG I can't figure out level 17!!! But I'm no quitter!!! I will keep trying... Although, a hint would be nice;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay I completed all the levels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ugh. I might not have the chance to be frustrated over 13 and 17 and 19 ... I can't pass level 9! Ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete